Rob Bullen has over 35 years’ experience in the assessment and control of environmental noise and vibration. This includes internationally-recognised research into noise impact assessment, and provision of advice to regulatory bodies including the NSW Environment Protection Authority on noise policy and guidelines.
He has been responsible for the calculation and assessment of noise and vibration impacts in numerous large and controversial projects, including Western Sydney Airport; Brisbane Airport New Parallel Runway; M5 Freeway extension; mines and quarries including Mount Pleasant and Mount Arthur North; and rail projects including the Epping to Chatswood Rail Link and the WestRail project in Hong Kong.
In addition Rob has:
- undertaken internationally-recognised research into noise impacts;
- developed innovative noise monitoring tools including the patented “BarnOwl” directional noise monitoring system;
- developed software for sound modelling including the “SoundSoup” app;
- provided lecturing and training in acoustics for universities and other organisations; and
- undertaken a review and support role in numerous acoustic projects in Australia and overseas.
Through Rob Bullen Consulting he can offer:
- noise and vibration calculation and assessment services;
- oversight and review for noise and vibration assessment projects;
- software design and development for acoustics; and
- teaching and lecturing in acoustics.